A unique opportunity exists as the IGB International School (IGBIS) conducts its search for additional IB teachers and specialist personnel for the 2018-19 school year.
MYP/DP Spanish Teacher (Part Time)
Starting: 27 Jul 2018
MYP/DP Spanish teacher required for the 2018/19 school year. Experience in MYP/DP is required. A leadership role as whole school Head of Department is also a possibility for candidates with the necessary experience and qualifications. Candidates who can teach across other disciplines are also encouraged to apply. Applicants with an active Search profile do not need to complete the references portion of Schrole.
The Shadow Teacher will work with teachers to support student(s) who require for special needs assistance. This support may include behaviour management, curriculum implementation, social skills development, personal care and physical assistance
- Working collaboratively with classroom teachers and other school staff to support student learning
- Working collaboratively with the class teacher to plan, deliver and assess teaching programs
- Preparing learning materials
- Encouraging student to be confident and independent
- Helping student understand instructions
- Carrying out a child’s care plan (education, social, behaviour and personal)
- Encouraging student to communicate
- Giving information and help to teachers
- Supporting student during social activities and outings
- Helping student during therapy sessions
- Recognising when student is upset and comforting him/her
- Looking after student’s physical needs
- Keeping records
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in special needs education, nursery nursing, teaching assistance, childcare or play work.
- At least 2-3 year(s) of working experience in the similar field. Previous work experience in a Special Educational Needs setting would be a definite advantage.
- Good ICT skills and willingness to use/train in new technologies.
- Strong communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Be a patient and positive role model for children.
A cover letter, full updated CV and the contact details of 2 referees should be sent to Human Resources Department, at: email@example.com
- Candidates are required to have a university degree, a recognised teaching qualification and three years of teaching experience.
- Experience of teaching in one or more IB programme is preferred however teachers who have worked with inquiry models of teaching will also be considered.
- Applicants should apply through the Schrole school services. This link contains further information about the positions, the school benefits for teachers and requirements for the the applications.
- IGBIS uses Schrole for management of all applications to the school. Please do not contact school administrators directly as the school will be making decisions based on the information received in Schrole.