A unique opportunity exists as the IGB International School (IGBIS) conducts its search for additional IB teachers and specialist personnel for the 2017-18 school year.
Shadow Teacher works with teachers to support student(s) with special needs. This support may include behaviour management, curriculum implementation, social skills development, personal care and physical assistance
- Working collaboratively with classroom teachers and other school staff to support student learning
- Working collaboratively with the class teacher to plan, deliver and assess teaching programs
- Preparing learning materials
- Encouraging children to be confident and independent
- Helping children understand instructions
- Carrying out a child’s care plan (education, social, behaviour and personal)
- Encouraging children to communicate
- Giving information and help to teachers
- Supporting children during social activities and outings
- Helping children during therapy sessions
- Recognising when children are upset and comforting them
- Looking after children’s physical needs
- Keeping records
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in special needs education, nursery nursing, teaching assistance, childcare or play work
- At least 2-3 year(s) of working experience in the similar field. Previous work experience in a Special Educational Needs setting would be a definite advantage
- Good ICT skills and willingness to use/train in new technologies
- Strong communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Be a patient and positive role model for children
Secondary Learning Support Teacher
Secondary Learning Support teacher needed for the 2017/18 school year.
- Candidates are required to have a university degree, a recognised teaching qualification and three years of teaching experience.
- Applicants should apply through the Schrole school services (www.schrole.com). Further details of the position are to be found there.