Scholarship Application Details (IB Diploma Programme)
IGB International School is proud to announce that a limited number of IB Diploma scholarships of a 20% reduction on tuition fees will be offered for the 2018-2020 school years for students entering Grade 11.
Students who have an excellent record of academic achievement and contribution to their school community are invited to submit an application according to the guidelines below.
Students who wish to apply for an IGBIS IB Diploma Programme Scholarship for 2018-2020 are requested to submit the following documents by Friday, 31st August, 2018.
- A letter of application written by the student detailing:
- Why he/she is applying for a scholarship at IGBIS for the IB Diploma Programme
- A description of his/her strengths
- Why he/she thinks he/she should be chosen
- What he/she can contribute to IGBIS
- How he/she demonstrates attributes of the IB Learner Profile.
- Completed IGBIS application and medical forms with all required supporting documentation. Online student admission and medical forms can be found under the Admissions tab of the IGBIS website. (Current IGBIS students do not need to complete this section)
- Written references from three people, at least two of whom are professionals who have worked with the student and can attest to his/her ability in the following areas:
- Academic ability within the school curriculum.
- Involvement in other aspects of school life.
- The student’s independence, responsibility, perseverance, and approach to learning.
- Characteristics of the student that define them as a model student.
- Details of three referees who may be contacted for information about the student’s suitability for a scholarship. These may be the same people outlined above.
- A letter from the student’s parents outlining how they can support the student should they be successful in gaining a scholarship to attend IGBIS.
- Any other documentation that may support the student’s application.
Required documentation for the IGBIS application and additional documentation supporting the scholarship application can be uploaded here.
Assistance with the application process and further information regarding the scholarships can be obtained by contacting the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +(60)3 6145 4688 (Ext. 4612).
A scholarship committee will review applications, short-list candidates, and interview and select students, with scholarship awards due to be announced by Monday, 26th March, 2018.
** Please note that shortlisted applicants will need to be available for testing on the 7th or 8th of March (To be notified ASAP).
** A further shortlist of applicants will be interviewed by the Enrolment Review Committee between the 14th and 15th of March.
+ Go to the Application Process page.