IB Career-related Programme (CP)
The Career-related Programme (CP) is an innovative education framework for students aged 16 to 19. This is the newest and fastest-growing IB programme. The CP provides students with an excellent foundation to support their further studies, as well as ensure their preparedness for success in the workforce. The CP combines highly regarded and internationally recognised IB Diploma Programme (DP) courses with an approved career-related study and a unique CP core.
CP students engage with a rigorous study programme that genuinely interests them while gaining transferable and lifelong skills in applied knowledge, critical thinking, communication, and cross-cultural engagement. They are well prepared to succeed at institutions of higher learning.
The CP Framework
The CP framework includes the following:
- The CP Core that includes four components
- Enrolment in at least two DP courses
- an approved Career-Related Study
- Personal and professional skills emphasises skills development for the workplace, which are transferable and can be applied in a range of situations.
- Service Learning takes a research-based approach, in which students often undertake service initiatives related to topics studied previously in their academic disciplines, utilising skills, understandings and values developed in these studies.
- Reflective Project is an in-depth body of work produced over an extended period of time. It is submitted towards the end of the CP, addressing an ethical issue arising from their career-related studies. High-level research, writing and extended communication skills, intellectual discovery and creativity.
- Language Development encourages students to improve their proficiency in a language other than their best language. Essential to the IB’s concept of an international education.
Each student in the CP programme must complete at least two DP courses that may be selected from any subject. This provides flexibility to the student to tailor their studies to complement the chosen career-related study.
IGB currently offers Art and Design Career-related Programme.
Art and Design
IGBIS students enrolled in the CP Art and Design students are expected to take:
- English A or English B
- Mathematics SL or Mathematical Studies
- Other subjects that complement their chosen career-related studies