IB Diploma & Career-related Programme Scholarships 2021-2023
IGBIS proudly offers scholarships each year to a number of internal and external students. Applications are welcome for our IB Diploma & Career-related Programme Scholarships for students entering Grade 11 in the 2021-2022 academic year.
The awarding of these scholarships is based on the academic achievement* of the student and their involvement/leadership** in their current school and/or in the wider community. Successful applicants for our merit-based scholarships will receive up to a 50% discount on our tuition fees for the two years of the Diploma Programme.
Students also have the opportunity to apply for a separate, needs-based scholarship (based on documented financial need). Any needs-based scholarship awarded would be in addition to the merit-based scholarship. For more information on this type of scholarship and the documentation required to be considered, please contact our Scholarship Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
How to Apply
Students who wish to apply for an IGBIS IB Diploma & Career-related Programme Scholarships for 2021-2023 are requested to submit the following documents by February 10th, 2021.
- A letter of application written by the student detailing:
- Why he/she is applying for a scholarship at IGBIS for the IB Diploma Programme
- A description of his/her strengths
- What he/she can contribute to IGBIS’ mission and vision of ‘Igniting minds and Impacting Lives’.
- How he/she demonstrates attributes of the IB Learner Profile.
- Completed IGBIS application and medical forms with all required supporting documentation. Online student admission and medical forms can be found under the Admissions tab of the IGBIS website. (Please note that internal applicants need not complete this section)
- Written references from three people, at least two of whom are professionals who have worked with the student and can attest to his/her ability in the following areas:
- Academic ability within the school curriculum.
- Involvement in other aspects of school life.
- The student’s independence, responsibility, perseverance, and approach to learning.
- Characteristics of the student that define them as a model student.
4. Details of three referees who may be contacted for information about the student’s suitability for a scholarship. These may be the same people outlined above.
5. A letter from the student’s parents outlining how they can support the student should they be successful in gaining a scholarship to attend IGBIS.
- Any other documentation that may support the student’s application.
Required documentation for the IGBIS application and additional documentation supporting the scholarship application can be uploaded here. *New applicant required to register.
Assistance with the application process and further information regarding the scholarships can be obtained by contacting the Admissions Office at email@example.com or by phone: +(60) 3 6145 4688.
A scholarship committee will review applications, shortlist candidates, and interview and select students, with scholarship grants due to be announced by March 1st, 2021.
Obs: Please note that shortlisted applicants will need to be available for testing between March 15th – 19th, 2021, and to attend the interview between March 22nd – 26th 2021 (To be notified asap).
* Academic achievement is measured in terms of results from the previous year(s)/term(s) as well as results on our IGBIS standardised test.
** Involvement/Leadership is measured based on the strengths of the written application, letters of reference, and interview.