IGBIS proudly offers scholarships each year to a number of internal and external students. Applications are welcome for our IB Diploma Programme Scholarships for students entering Grade 11 in the 2019-2020 academic year.
How to Apply
Students who wish to apply for an IGBIS IB Diploma Programme Scholarship for 2019-2021 are requested to submit the following documents by January 18th, 2019.
- A letter of application written by the student detailing:
- Why he/she is applying for a scholarship at IGBIS for the IB Diploma Programme
- A description of his/her strengths
- What he/she can contribute to IGBIS’ mission and vision of ‘Igniting minds and Impacting Lives’.
- How he/she demonstrates attributes of the IB Learner Profile.
- Completed IGBIS application and medical forms with all required supporting documentation. Online student admission and medical forms can be found under the Admissions tab of the IGBIS website. (Please note that internal applicants need not complete this section)
- Written references from three people, at least two of whom are professionals who have worked with the student and can attest to his/her ability in the following areas:
- Academic ability within the school curriculum.
- Involvement in other aspects of school life.
- The student’s independence, responsibility, perseverance, and approach to learning.
- Characteristics of the student that define them as a model student.
- Details of three referees who may be contacted for information about the student’s suitability for a scholarship. These may be the same people outlined above.
- A letter from the student’s parents outlining how they can support the student should they be successful in gaining a scholarship to attend IGBIS.
- Copies of the parents’ EPF statements and Tax Return Statements for the last two years.
- Any other documentation that may support the student’s application.
Required documentation for the IGBIS application and additional documentation supporting the scholarship application can be uploaded here.
Assistance with the application process and further information regarding the scholarships can be obtained by contacting the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +(60)3 6145 4688.
A scholarship committee will review applications, short-list candidates, and interview and select students, with scholarship grants due to be announced by February 22nd, 2019.
** Please note that shortlisted applicants will need to be available for testing on the 31st January (To be notified asap).
** A further shortlist of applicants will be interviewed by the Admissions Committee between the 11th and 12th of February.