Service & Action
In our mission to empower students to be caring, global citizens, service opportunities are designed to ignite their minds about the world around them on a local, national and global level. Service at IGBIS, an international school in Selangor, involves identifying a real need in the community and acting on that need, inspiring students to contribute positively to our communities and develop student leadership in tackling global issues, encouraging communication and open-mindedness.
Service in the Elementary School is represented by Action; an element with the Programme of Inquiry that encourages students to not only learn, but to do something with their learning. In the Secondary School, these elements show up as Service as Action in the Middle Years Programme, Service in the Diploma Programme as part of CAS, and Service Learning in the Career-related Programme.
Through their engagement with service and action, students:
- develop compassion and empathy for others;
- become more aware of their own strengths and areas for growth;
- undertake challenges that develop new skills;
- discuss, evaluate and plan student-initiated activities;
- persevere in action;
- work collaboratively with others;
- develop international-mindedness through global engagement, multilingualism and intercultural understanding; and
- consider the ethical implications of their actions.
More About Us
English Language Support
IGBIS provides English Language Support (ESOL) to students who cannot yet fully access the school’s curriculum due to English being a second or additional language, ensuring their academic success through targeted assistance and collaboration between ESOL teachers and classroom instructors.
IGBIS offers a wide range of extracurricular activities and diverse athletics programmes that complement our IB curriculum, providing students with opportunities for personal development, teamwork, and growth in arts, sports, and leadership, fostering a well-rounded and balanced learning experience.