IGBIS seeks educators who are able to meet the needs of a diverse community of student learners and are willing to be the “lifeblood” of our students and school’s success. Educators who align with our Mission, Vision, Motto and Pillars, who embody the IB philosophy of education in their practice, and who view students as complete human beings are a great fit for who we are. We seek enthusiastic, knowledgeable, flexible and dedicated staff with an international mindset to join our team in incredible Kuala Lumpur.
For any of our academic-related vacancies, from inclusion aides and class teachers, to single-subject specialists and principals, without a doubt, it is the quality of our staff that makes IGBIS an exciting, rewarding and enjoyable place to work. In all positions, we share the responsibility to:
- Commit to, pursue and positively promote the School’s Vision, Mission, Motto and Pillars.
- Model and encourage culture and climate in support of our Guiding Statements and the IB Learner Profile to create a sense of belonging for all.
- Develop an environment in which students and staff are challenged, supported and provided with a sense of purpose so as to develop and maintain an enthusiasm for learning.
- Critically reflect on and constantly improve our own knowledge and skills through professional dialogue, collaboration and professional development.
- Build relationships with all stakeholders that promote the success of the School.
Job Opening for 2024/25 Academic Year
(Commencing August 2024)
For details, please click the vacancies below.
Secondary Art Teacher*
*Mainly MYP with some DP/CP Art
Comprehensive Counsellor for Grades 9 & 10*
*Social, Emotional, Future Planning - Sought due to school growth who will likely be working with Grades 9 & 10
DP Business Management and Economics*
*DP, with a small amount of MYP Individuals and Societies
Mathematics Teacher (Grade 6 – 12)*
*Ideally with the ability to also teach Science, Design Technology, or Computer Science
*Updated 24 October 2024
Required Qualifications All teacher applicants are required to:
- Possess a university degree.
- Hold a recognized teaching certification.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of teaching experience.
- Demonstrate expertise in their subject area through degree-level qualifications.
- Incumbents in teaching positions requiring a work permit must possess a Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.), Diploma in Education (DipEd), Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), or Certificate in Education (Cert. Ed.), or a similar credential.
How to Apply
Candidates should email their application to Human Resources at email@example.com with the specific position being applied to in the subject line. Please be sure to include:
- A cover letter specific to the role you are applying for explaining why you believe you are a fit.
- An up-to-date CV with no employment gaps.
- The contact details for three referees including your current/most recent Head of School or equivalent.