Exciting opportunities exist as IGBIS conducts its search for additional IB teachers and specialist personnel for the current school year.
What are we looking for?
IGBIS selects educators who understand and embody the IB philosophy of education as well as the school’s Vision and Mission. We seek enthusiastic and dedicated staff with an international mindset. Being an inclusive school, we teach a broad range of children and we are looking for experienced educators who can differentiate and appreciate the breadth of abilities that exist in our classrooms.
- The opportunity to be part of a growing educational community that takes pride in educating the whole child from ages 2 to 19 years of age.
- A supportive team of educators and staff that value diversity and innovation.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Experience working in an exclusive International Baccalaureate environment: IGBIS is the only school in Malaysia to offer all four IB programmes (Primary Years Programme, Middle Years Programme, Diploma Programme, Career-related Programme).
- Competitive salary and benefits package for expatriate teachers that includes housing allowance, medical insurance, pension contribution, annual return flights to country of origin, and tuition for dependents.
- Candidates are required to have a university degree, a recognised teaching qualification and three years of teaching experience.
- Experience teaching in one or more IB programme is preferred, however, teachers who have worked with other inquiry models of teaching will also be considered.
Please use the following links to apply for our vacancies. This link will take you to the APLi website (this platform is provided by Search Associates), however, candidates do not need to have an active account with Search Associates to apply for IGBIS positions.
Other Academic Vacancies
Personalised Learning Assistant / Special Education Teacher (Part-Time)
Works with teachers to support student(s) with special needs. This support may include behaviour management, curriculum implementation, social skills development, personal care and physical assistance
- Working collaboratively with classroom teachers and other school staff to support student learning
- Working collaboratively with the class teacher to plan, deliver and assess teaching programs
- Preparing learning materials
- Encouraging children to be confident and independent
- Helping children understand instructions
- Carrying out a child’s care plan (education, social, behaviour and personal)
- Encouraging children to communicate
- Giving information and help to teachers
- Supporting children during social activities and outings
- Helping children during therapy sessions
- Recognising when children are upset and comforting them
- Looking after children’s physical needs
- Keeping records
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in special needs education, nursery nursing, teaching assistance, childcare or playwork
- At least 2-3 year(s) of working experience in the similar field. Previous work experience in a Special Educational Needs setting would be a definite advantage
- Good ICT skills and willingness to use/train in new technologies
- Strong communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Be a patient and positive role model for children