Exciting opportunities exist as IGBIS conducts its search for additional IB teachers and specialist personnel for the current school year.
What are we looking for?
IGBIS selects educators who understand and embody the IB philosophy of education as well as the school’s Vision and Mission. We seek enthusiastic and dedicated staff with an international mindset. Being an inclusive school, we teach a broad range of children and we are looking for experienced educators who can differentiate and appreciate the breadth of abilities that exist in our classrooms.
- The opportunity to be part of a growing educational community that takes pride in educating the whole child from ages 2 to 19 years of age.
- A supportive team of educators and staff that value diversity and innovation.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Experience working in an exclusive International Baccalaureate environment: IGBIS is the only school in Malaysia to offer all four IB programmes (Primary Years Programme, Middle Years Programme, Diploma Programme, Career-related Programme).
- Competitive salary and benefits package for expatriate teachers that includes housing allowance, medical insurance, pension contribution, annual return flights to country of origin, and tuition for dependents.
- Candidates are required to have a university degree, a recognised teaching qualification and three years of teaching experience.
- Experience teaching in one or more IB programme is preferred, however, teachers who have worked with other inquiry models of teaching will also be considered.
Please use the following links to apply for our vacancies. This link will take you to the APLi website (this platform is provided by Search Associates), however, candidates do not need to have an active account with Search Associates to apply for IGBIS positions.
Other Academic Vacancies
Assistant Teacher (Physical Education & Sports)
Teacher Assistant (Physical Education & Sports) has a qualification in development, sports or exercise science or a related field. The position requires the person to assist the PE staff in daily lessons, coach specific sports within the school and assist the After-School Activities (ASA) and Athletics programmes.
- Assist the Physical Education teachers and staff with class activities as required.
- Assist teachers with the school swimming programme.
- Assist teachers in ASA and Athletics programme.
- Assist with out of school hours coaching when required.
- Participate in the arrangement of interschool sporting competitions.
- Assist with all the organisation of school-wide events.
- Organize and maintain sporting equipment.
- Follow up on orders received to ensure they are correct.
- Oversee the repair of equipment and supervise the movement of equipment within the school.
- Maintenance and inventory of sports equipment.
- Cover duties for other PE staff who are absent.
- Perform duties as and when required by the PE, Athletics and Activities coordinators.
- Certificate/Diploma in Sports Science, Education or in a relevant discipline.
- Previous working experience in an international school setting preferred
- First Aid and CPR Certified; Current certification as Lifeguard by a recognized source of training.
- Possess good command of spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Good computer and IT skills.
- Good organisation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good swimming skills would be an asset.
- Attended the water safety, safe swimming and rescue skills training is preferred.
A cover letter, CV and the contact details of three (3) referees should be sent to Human Resources, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
At IGBIS, our Inclusion Assistant works with teachers to support student(s) with special needs. This support may include social communication, life/functional skills, behaviour management, curriculum implementation, academic skills, personal care and physical support/assistance
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with students and staff
- Encourage students to be confident and independent
- Encourage students to manage their emotions (self-regulation)
- Encourage students to communicate with peers and teachers/staff
- Work collaboratively with the Learning Support (LS) Teacher, Head of Department (HOD), and classroom/subject teachers to plan, deliver and support student learning
- Work collaboratively with the Learning Support (LS) Teacher, Head of Department (HOD), classroom/subject teachers, parents and student in the creation and implementation of the Student Success Plan
- Prepare learning materials
- Collect and analyse data and use this to provide evidence of pupils’ progress against their targets (Student Success Plan =personal, social and intellectual goals)
- Contribute to written/photo/video updates of student progress to parents (cycle/weekly), end of term reports, SSP as requested by the LS/Class Teacher
- Assist with supervision of students including before and after school and at lunchtime and break time as directed by LS Teacher and HOD
- Participate in meetings with teachers, parents and administration as requested
- Participate in supervision and professional development to support the development of personal goals, Student Services team goals, and school goals.
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in one of the following fields: Education, Special needs education, Early Childhood, Childcare or Psychology/therapy
- Work experience with children in an educational setting
- Previous work experience and training in Applied Behaviour Analysis and/or Special Education is an asset. Please indicate in your application any experience with students diagnosed with Autism, Developmental Delay, Cognitive Delay or Learning Disabilities.
- Be patient, demonstrate problem-solving skills and present as a positive role model for children
- Work effectively as part of a team with excellent communication and provide support to colleagues.
- Strong communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia. Other spoken or written language skills can be an asset with our International
- Good ICT skills and willingness to use/train in new technologies population. We may ask applicants to complete an English Assessment for Reading, Writing and Spoken skills.
This job description details responsibilities but is not prescriptive. The Inclusion Assistant may be required to undertake other duties and responsibilities commensurate with the scope of the post. This job description may be subject to amendment, to meet the changing needs of the school, following appropriate consultation. IGB is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment.
It is your chance to play a key role in the continued success of our company. We offer a great working environment in a professional office location. To apply for vacancies, please send a cover letter, CV and the contact details of two referees to the Human Resources department at email@example.com. Please note the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.