IGBIS seeks bright, energetic people to join our team and contribute to the continued growth of a leading international school in the region. Non-academic members of the school play an integral part in the operation of the school, from essential administrative functions to supporting the academic faculty. At IGBIS we believe that satisfaction in the workplace comes from seizing opportunities to challenge oneself, constantly seeking to improve and learn new things. We all have the opportunity to be role models to our students and as such, all our staff, both academic and non-academic, have the spirit of lifelong learners who approach tasks with enthusiasm and purpose.
The Design Technician involves workshop skills appropriate to the Digital Design Classroom or Product Design room and workshops. This position reports to the Head of Secondary School on a day to day basis.
Key Result Areas / Reponsibilities
- Assist D&T teachers in the classroom as required. In particular:
- Setting up the machinery for use in the workshop;
- Guiding students in the workshop in the correct use of tools and machinery;
- Setting up specific machinery for student use and monitoring and supervising students use;
- Using specific machinery in those circumstances when it is inappropriate for the student to use it;
- Assisting, as necessary, with the completion of students projects;
- Constructing frames for artworks.
- Preparation of classroom resources and displays.
- Maintaining all tools, machinery, equipment and materials in the D&T workshop.
- Assisting the D&T staff with the ordering of equipment and materials – including liaison with the school administration, checking the accuracy of deliveries against the original order, maintaining an inventory of equipment in these areas and completing a stock take each year under the direction of the appropriate member of staff.
- Maintaining equipment in the workshop and arranging for minor repair to equipment and resources within the school or major repair outside of the school with the assistance of the Administrative personnel.
- Maintaining storeroom facilities for D&T.
- Assisting with the organisation of the school exhibition of major work for D&T including the layout and installation of the exhibits, preparation of the programme and assistance to the staff at the event.
- Assisting with the organisation of the Annual Art, D&T Exhibition including the layout and installation of the exhibits, preparation of the programme and assistance to the staff at the event.
- Ascertaining with the preparation and construction of props and scenery for the Elementary and Secondary School productions.
- Assisting with the preparation of materials for special events , including Chinese New Year, Deepavali, Hari Raya and Christmas Assemblies and for International Day.
- Labelling of capital items
- Create and maintain asset register of same
- Cover duties for Teacher Assistants who are absent.
- Assisting with the organisation and distribution of textbooks.
- Assisting administration by assisting with dispatch, school shop and students files as required. This particularly applies to vacations.
- Assisting at special events and functions within the school such as International Day, Special Assemblies (Chinese New Year, Anzac Day, Deepavali, Hari Raya, Christmas and International Day) as appropriate.
Minimum Academic / Professional Qualification
Minimum Certificate/Diploma in a relevant discipline
- At least 2-3 year(s) of working experience in the related field. Previous working experience in a school would be a definite advantage.
- Previous working experience in a school would be an added advantage.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Possess good command of spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Competent computer skills, with particular reference to office suite applications (word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software).
- Possess good organisation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A keen learner and team player with a positive working attitude.
- Able to work independently and multi-tasking.
It is your chance to play a key role in the continued success of our company. We offer a great working environment in a professional office location. To apply for vacancies, please send a cover letter, CV and the contact details of two referees to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.