IGBIS seeks bright, energetic people to join our team and contribute to the continued growth of a leading international school in the region. Non-academic members of the school play an integral part in the operation of the school, from essential administrative functions to support the academic faculty. At IGBIS we believe that satisfaction in the workplace comes from seizing opportunities to challenge oneself, constantly seeking to improve and learn new things. We all have the opportunity to be role models to our students and as such, all our staff, both academic and non-academic, have the spirit of lifelong learners who approach tasks with enthusiasm and purpose.
The Admissions Manager will be responsible for the smooth running of application process and will be expected to work closely with the Principals and Heads of Departments to agree the best strategy for achieving individual department targets and to take responsibility for delivery of effective approaches. The post holder should be highly innovative, dynamic and energetic. He/she needs to work diligently to not only promote the school, but also to present it in a positive light. He/she must be confident, organized, and adaptable and possess strong creative and innovative skills.
Key Results Areas/Responsibilities
- Accountable for driving enrolments (domestics and international) in order to meet targets via effective Admissions processes
- Work proactively to build strong working relationships with departments to ensure that they receive an admissions service that meets their needs, whilst taking into consideration the resources available
- Lead and manage the delivery and continuous development of the services of an effective and flexible admission
- Ensuring the delivery of a positive impression of the School in all interactions with families and stakeholders, whether by telephone, face to face or in writing.
- Designing, developing and executing effective school tours for prospective families which effectively sell the school, promoting the school’s academic and non-academic achievements.
- Through the team leaders, monitor the provision of customer-focused service to applicants and enquirers, ensuring prompt processing of applications and queries, meeting agreed turnaround times and maintaining an efficient operation at all times
- Monitor the presentation of the school, particularly along the tour route including the foyer, and reporting any concerns to the appropriate personnel
- Benchmarking the School’s admissions procedures against leading competitors, and suggest and implement new and innovative ways to market the school to prospective parents.
- Managing complex non-standard applications and queries relating to fee status, visa requirements etc.
- Managing new student registration and orientation
- Preparing student enrolment documents for presentation to the Admissions Committee
- Keeping abreast of the international school market in KL and in particular admissions trends.
- Ensuring the effectiveness and up-to-date of applicant & student information management thru the School Admissions Management System (OpenApply)
- Supervising the team members of Admissions, Communications & Public Relations and Front Office/Reception.
- Diploma, Degree or Master Degree in Business Admin, Marketing, Communications or related field of study.
- At least 5-8 years of experience in a similar role
- Experienced in running digital marketing campaigns
- Numeracy skill in forecasting and reporting student number
- Interpersonal skills that enable working with people at all levels, motivate others and change people’s attitudes when necessary
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Leadership, problem-solving and negotiation skills
- Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas
- Organisational and planning skills to manage own time and to meet deadlines and objectives
- A strong goal and results orientation
- Good personal presentation.
- Personal commitment to improving one’s own knowledge and skills
- Able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Courteous and accommodating
- Has good work habits and attitude.
- Detailed and organised.
Internship for Computer/IT Students
IGBIS is seeking interested candidates for an unpaid internship to assist the Information & Technology Department to build and maintain their information systems, as well as creative or artistic assistance with other departments.
A suitable candidate will:
- Need to be able to present on campus with a regular schedule
- Demonstrate competency at using G-suits range of products
- Demonstrate a flair for creative work
- Demonstrate the learner profile, especially through teamwork in an educational setting
Successful candidate, while working at IGBIS, will:
- Assist the IT Department as a tier 1 support person, helping with messages, collecting devices, processing requests, or maintaining help desk tickets.
- Assist the IT Department in their initiative to invest in an inventory system, or help with their asset management
- Assist the Marketing department in maintaining the school website with regularly updated content
- Assist teaching staff with beautification of school bulletin boards
- Assist the Art Department by providing creative input into student development and curriculum
- Other administrative and clerical tasks assigned by the ICT Coordinator
It is your chance to play a key role in the continued success of our company. We offer a great working environment in a professional office location. To apply for vacancies, please send a cover letter, CV and the contact details of two referees to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.