IGBIS seeks bright, energetic people to join our team and contribute to the continued growth of a leading international school in the region. Non-academic members of the school play an integral part in the operation of the school, from essential administrative functions to supporting the academic faculty. At IGBIS we believe that satisfaction in the workplace comes from seizing opportunities to challenge oneself, constantly seeking to improve and learn new things. We all have the opportunity to be role models to our students and as such, all our staff, both academic and non-academic, have the spirit of lifelong learners who approach tasks with enthusiasm and purpose.
The Facilities Manager is responsible to manage, plan and coordinate all activities associated with building infrastructure, operations of contracted services, projects, events and facilities. The incumbent is to assure the effective functioning of the school facility to provide an efficient and safe school environment for occupants and their activities by using best business practises managing resources, services and processes to meet the needs of the school.
- Manage all facility work, projects and contracted services within the school building which include building C&S and M&E works, minor and major renovations, building maintenance, housekeeping services, security operations, cafeteria operation and services, day to day bus operations, gardening, school events, functions, meetings and others
- Develop the strategies and action plans pertaining to facilities, security and safety for the current and future needs of the school
- Develop and implement a facility management program including preventive maintenance and life-cycle requirements.
- Manage, coordinate and oversee all contracted services and day to day facility management.
- Coordinate Health and Safety across the school
- Manage facility bookings, outside users, parent users, staff users, order placement and coordinate bookings with the facilities team
- Oversee and manage all daily traffic and parking operations
- Assist with the coordination of school events and special school assemblies with the relevant staff
- Oversee the helpdesk system and ensure all calls/jobs are attended effectively
- Ensure statutory compliance, maintenance and development matters, undertaking risk assessments and organizing emergency procures under Health and Safety and Fire Safety in the school
- Lead the facilities team to deliver seamless service, which is on time, to budget and to agreed quality/service levels.
- Work with the Head of School on overall matters of school administration
- Recognized Degree in Engineering (C&S/M&E) or Building Management or equivalent in the relevant specialized field.
- At least 5-8 years of managerial experiences in building operations, facilities, maintenance and physical resources, preferably in an education institution
- Proven experience of implementing effective change management processes
- Excellent leadership quality and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of statutory building compliance
- Ability to operate in a matrix organization
- Ability to demonstrate and apply a high level of collaboration and team leadership skills
- Positive attitude and ability to coordinate team and sub-ordinates is an essential
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia with effective communication and presentation skills essential
- Good understanding of tender/bids and budgeting
- Computer literate
- Good organisational, presentation and punctuality skills
- High levels of initiative and ability to work unsupervised with strong attention to detail
- A high degree of integrity, maturity and ability to work independently under pressure with an eye for details
Manager – Marketing, Admissions & Communications
The role of the Manager – Marketing, Admissions & Communications (MAC) requires the ability to conceptualise, develop and implement strategies on a multitude of platforms to promote the school. The role will typically also involve a great deal of digital and online marketing work, operate the school website and social media accounts. The incumbent should be highly innovative, dynamic and energetic. He /she needs to work diligently to not only promote the school but also to present it in a positive light.
The incumbent is required to promote IGBIS enrolment opportunities and programmes via developing and managing the admission processes in accordance with the policies and standard of IGBIS and the entry requirements for each programme.
He/ she will be also responsible for the public relations and ongoing communication needs of the School to coordinate email newsletters, brochures, signs and all communication collaterals that get the word out about the School.
Key Results Areas/ Responsibilities
- Planning, organizing and managing projects taking into account priorities, resources, budgets, issues and constraints to achieve desired results; define clear project scope and objectives
- Conceptualising marketing and branding strategies to achieve the strategic business goals of the School.
- Organising and running external Marketing events, including Open Days, exhibitions & roadshows, EduBooths, PISF etc aimed at driving enrolments, in accordance with the agreed calendar and strategies.
- Strategizing, developing and managing Business-to-Business (B2B) collaborations and sponsorship programme with other educational institutions locally or internationally
- Accountable for driving enrolments (domestics and international) in order to meet targets via effective Admissions processes
- Carrying out the successful implementation of internal and external marketing communications campaigns (advertising, promotions and public relations) to promote brand recognition
- Overseeing and managing the development and production of communication materials pertaining to the School and ensure that the materials are updated and in line with the brand identity
- Develop relationships with embassy community liaison officers (CLO), company representatives, company HR departments and relocation agents in promoting the School
- Overseeing the development of the Parent Volunteer Organization including grade level or class representatives and their role in supporting parents and the school.
- Developing and delivering a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for the School
- Overseeing the IGBIS alumni program and communications
- Supervising the team members of the Admissions Department, Communications & Public Relations, Marketing & Events and Front Office/Reception.
- Degree or Master Degree in Marketing/Communication or related field of study.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experienced in running digital marketing campaigns
- Strong understanding in design concept and its real-life implementation and visual communication design
- Interpersonal skills that enable working with people at all levels, motivate others and change people’s attitudes when necessary
- Initiative and the ability to offer new ideas
- Organisational and planning skills to manage own time and to meet deadlines and objectives
- Leadership skills
- A strong goal and results orientation
Elementary School Associate Teacher
- Work collaboratively with classroom teachers and other school staff to support student learning.
- Work with individual students and small groups within the classroom under the supervision of the class teacher.
- Provide support for whole-class activities under the supervision of the teacher.
- Assist teachers with resource development, student supervision and general clerical assistance.
- Assist with the organisation, set up and operation of ICT and audio-visual equipment in classrooms.
- Take photos and video recordings of classroom activities for use in Digital Portfolios.
- Assist teaching staff on school excursions and activities as appropriate.
- Assist with school events eg. Assemblies, Productions, Speech Day.
- Assist the Principal to ensure all teachers’ resource requirements are met, conduct stock inventories, maintain resources and perform other clerical duties as required.
- Other school duties eg. supervising after school activities and playground supervision as appropriate.
- Other duties as directed by the Principal or delegate.
- The Associate Teacher reports to the Principal of Elementary School; however, this responsibility may be delegated to another senior staff member for a day to day matters.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Primary Education or relevant discipline.
- At least 2-3 year(s) of working experience in the similar field. Previous working experience in providing support for classroom teachers would be a definite advantage.
- Good ICT skills and willingness to use/train in new technologies
- Strong communication skills in English, Bahasa Malaysia and/or Chinese
- Positive, friendly attitude and ability to cope with change.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Plan, organize and implement a comprehensive program (including both corrective and preventive activities) to ensure smooth operation all mechanical and electrical installation.
- Liaise with relevant Authorities and vendors to ensure compliance of the applicable laws, including OSHA / EIA Act, DOSH, Suruhanjaya Tenaga, Jabatan Bomba and other regulatory governing bodies.
- Lead and manage a team of wiremen/ technicians & facility resources to provide effective and reliable support services for all plant machinery, equipment and facilities.
- Attend to mechanical and electrical breakdown, troubleshooting and provide regular monthly or yearly maintenance.
- Prepare and submit reports related to assigned job functions.
- Prepare all meters reading via computer or manual
- Carry out a daily inspection and monitoring for HT and LV switchboards, bus-ducts, transformers, switchgear and TNB supply.
- Assist problem-solving of HV/LV equipment malfunction by giving input
- Carry out scheduled inspections and testing of standby Generator, Fire Pumps, sump pumps and etc.
- Plan and supervise meter installation, disconnection, reconnection, termination and attending complaints e.g. fuse blow, meter testing etc
- Supervise external contractor’s work/services and monitor their performance.
- Carry out in-house electrical works including maintenance, inspection and testing as assigned by the School Management.
- Able to communicate with building occupants effectively.
- Ensure that all electrical services are serviceable at all times.
- Develop short and long term building maintenance plan.
- Develop and maintain records and reports such as equipment and supplies inventories, damage reports, preventive maintenance and repair records, key and lock index.
- Candidate must possess at least a Chargeman HT from Suruhanjaya Tenaga (Energy Commission) for at least 11kV installation.
- At least 2 years of hands-on working experience as Chargeman HT in maintaining electrical equipment and devices with experience in troubleshooting and maintenance of plant electrical installation.
- Able to work independently, possess integrity and a right sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Experience in the maintenance of preventive and calibration of all M&E equipment and maintenance of the building structure.
- Proficient in English and Bahasa Malaysia, both verbal and written.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and able to communicate with all levels of people
- Willing to work irregular hours, call back on normal, public holidays and on weekends.
- Must be physically fit and with good work attitude.
It is your chance to play a key role in the continued success of our company. We offer a great working environment in a professional office location. To apply for vacancies, please send a cover letter, CV and the contact details of two referees to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.