IGBIS seeks bright, energetic people to join our team and contribute to the continued growth of a leading international school in the region. Non-academic members of the school play an integral part in the operation of the school, from essential administrative functions to supporting the academic faculty. At IGBIS we believe that satisfaction in the workplace comes from seizing opportunities to challenge oneself, constantly seeking to improve and learn new things. We all have the opportunity to be role models to our students and as such, all our staff, both academic and non-academic, have the spirit of lifelong learners who approach tasks with enthusiasm and purpose.
Finance and Accounts Executive (Fixed-Term Basis)
- Handle full sets of accounts and responsible in ensuring the closing of monthly accounts are carried out timely and accurately that includes AR / AP / GL functions.
- Handle and manage day to day operational issues.
- Assist in budget preparation, tax, audit and all other statutory exercises that includes preparation of all relevant supporting schedules and computations.
- Cash Flow & Treasury Management.
- Fixed Asset Management.
- Other duties as and when assigned by Finance Manager.
- Possess Degree in Accountancy / Part or Full Professional qualification.
- Minimum 5-6 years of relevant working experience.
- Preferably Senior Executive/Executive specializing in Finance – General/Cost Accounting or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other MS Office applications.
- Knowledge in Auto count accounting systems is an added advantage.
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good command of spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- A good team player.
- Pleasant personality and positive working attitude.
- Able to handle work pressures and meet deadlines.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Sierramas, Sungai Buloh.
- Able to start work in May will be an added advantage.
- This is a fixed-term position for 6 months.
Marketing & Events Executive
- In charge of the Parent Volunteer Organization (PVO) Programmes.
- Coordinate with Parent Volunteers.
- Develop training schedules for parent workshops.
- Arrange Parent-Buddies for new families with parents of the same nationality/language and Class Parent Reps.
- Develop and maintain the alumni program.
- Build-up alumni database.
- Communicate with alumni community through various communication mediums including (and not limited to) the alumni website and online social media platforms.
- Organize reunions for alumni members and arrange for networking events.
- Liaise with Alumni to establish close contacts with international family references for developing and existing markets.
New Parents/Students Support
- Assist with planning and coordination of student orientation and reception days.
- Arrange Family-Buddies for new families.
- Assist new applicant and parents with various queries, directing them to proper people and channel.
- Develop and update New Parent Welcome Pack.
Events and Assemblies
- Coordination of school events and special school assemblies.
- Customer Service.
- Develop feedback or complaints procedures for customers to refer to.
- Receive and record details of inquiries, comments and complaints.
- Guide, attend and advise on complaints regarding staff and service problems, fees, payments, building facilities and make the necessary arrangements to resolve them.
- Resolve problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; communicate and coordinate with internal departments, selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Produce written information for customers, often involving the use of computer packages/software.
- Focus on improvement of the entity, primarily involved in fundraising activities.
- Building a partnership with the community.
- Report and participate in Admissions/Parent meetings.
- Produce written information for customers, often involving the use of computer packages/software.
- General project work and team assistance when required.
- Assist with Newsletters and Social Media.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Business Studies/Consumer Studies/Management or it’s equivalent.
- At least 3-5 years’ of related experience in a similar role (an added advantage in an education institution).
- Excellent leadership qualities and essential problem-solving skills.
- A hands-on approach to the role, strong work ethics and possess the drive to work in a dynamic and demanding environment.
- Strong people management skills with the ability to lead by example to promote and develop a strong team.
- Pleasant personality, positive work attitude, action and results-oriented.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of computer literacy.
- Represent the school with integrity.
- Excellent spoken and written English, fluent in Bahasa Malaysia (Chinese will be an advantage).
- A high degree of integrity, maturity and ability to work independently under pressure with an eye for details.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a wide range of people.
Assistant Manager – Facilities
The Assistant Manager – Facilities is responsible to assist the Facilities Manager in managing, planning and coordinating all activities associated with building infrastructure, operations of contracted services, projects, events and facilities. The incumbent is to assure the effective functioning of the school facility to provide an efficient and safe school environment for occupants and their activities by using best business practises managing resources, services and processes to meet the needs of the school.
- Manage all facility work, projects and contracted services within the school building which include building C&S and M&E works, minor and major renovations, building maintenance, housekeeping services, security operations, cafeteria operation and services, day to day bus operations, gardening, school events, functions, meetings and others
- Develop the strategies and action plans pertaining to facilities, security and safety for the current and future needs of the school
- Develop and implement a facility management program including preventive maintenance and life-cycle requirements.
- Conduct and document regular facilities inspections
- Supervise maintenance and repairs of building, facilities and equipment
- Liaise with occupants for all complaints for maintenance purpose
- Supervise and ensure that all suppliers and vendors’ work are carried out as stipulated in the contract/agreement.
- Initiate, direct and monitor the performance of all outsourced and contracted services engaged by the school are at a level above the stated standards.
- Oversee the helpdesk system and ensure all calls/jobs are attended effectively
- Ensure statutory compliance, maintenance and development matters, undertaking risk assessments and organizing emergency procures under Health and Safety and Fire Safety in the school
- Record incidents and accidents and produced statistics for managers
- Deputise for the Facilities Manager and to step into the Facilities Manager’s role in his/her absence.
- Perform other duties as and when required by the line manager.
- Recognized Diploma/Degree in Engineering (C&S/M&E), Building Management or equivalent in the relevant specialized field.
- At least 4 – 6 years of managerial experiences in building operations, facilities, maintenance and physical resources, preferably in an education institution
- Proven experience of implementing effective change management processes
- Excellent leadership quality and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of statutory building compliance
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Bahasa Malaysia with effective communication and presentation skills essential
- Computer literate
- Good organisational, presentation and punctuality skills
- High levels of initiative and ability to work unsupervised with strong attention to detail
- A high degree of integrity, maturity and ability to work independently under pressure with an eye for details
Elementary School Associate Teacher
- Work collaboratively with classroom teachers and other school staff to support student learning.
- Work with individual students and small groups within the classroom under the supervision of the class teacher.
- Provide support for whole-class activities under the supervision of the teacher.
- Assist teachers with resource development, student supervision and general clerical assistance.
- Assist with the organisation, set up and operation of ICT and audio-visual equipment in classrooms.
- Take photos and video recordings of classroom activities for use in Digital Portfolios.
- Assist teaching staff on school excursions and activities as appropriate.
- Assist with school events eg. Assemblies, Productions, Speech Day.
- Assist the Principal to ensure all teachers’ resource requirements are met, conduct stock inventories, maintain resources and perform other clerical duties as required.
- Other school duties eg. supervising after school activities and playground supervision as appropriate.
- Other duties as directed by the Principal or delegate.
- The Associate Teacher reports to the Principal of Elementary School; however, this responsibility may be delegated to another senior staff member for a day to day matters.
- Candidate must possess at least a Diploma/ Bachelor’s Degree in Primary Education or relevant discipline.
- At least 2-3 year(s) of working experience in the similar field. Previous working experience in providing support for classroom teachers would be a definite advantage.
- Good ICT skills and willingness to use/train in new technologies
- Strong communication skills in English, Bahasa Malaysia and/or Chinese
- Positive, friendly attitude and ability to cope with change.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Plan, organize and implement a comprehensive program (including both corrective and preventive activities) to ensure smooth operation all mechanical and electrical installation.
- Liaise with relevant Authorities and vendors to ensure compliance of the applicable laws, including OSHA / EIA Act, DOSH, Suruhanjaya Tenaga, Jabatan Bomba and other regulatory governing bodies.
- Lead and manage a team of wiremen/ technicians & facility resources to provide effective and reliable support services for all plant machinery, equipment and facilities.
- Attend to mechanical and electrical breakdown, troubleshooting and provide regular monthly or yearly maintenance.
- Prepare and submit reports related to assigned job functions.
- Prepare all meters reading via computer or manual
- Carry out a daily inspection and monitoring for HT and LV switchboards, bus-ducts, transformers, switchgear and TNB supply.
- Assist problem-solving of HV/LV equipment malfunction by giving input
- Carry out scheduled inspections and testing of standby Generator, Fire Pumps, sump pumps and etc.
- Plan and supervise meter installation, disconnection, reconnection, termination and attending complaints e.g. fuse blow, meter testing etc
- Supervise external contractor’s work/services and monitor their performance.
- Carry out in-house electrical works including maintenance, inspection and testing as assigned by the School Management.
- Able to communicate with building occupants effectively.
- Ensure that all electrical services are serviceable at all times.
- Develop short and long term building maintenance plan.
- Develop and maintain records and reports such as equipment and supplies inventories, damage reports, preventive maintenance and repair records, key and lock index.
- Candidate must possess at least a Chargeman HT from Suruhanjaya Tenaga (Energy Commission) for at least 11kV installation.
- At least 2 years of hands-on working experience as Chargeman HT in maintaining electrical equipment and devices with experience in troubleshooting and maintenance of plant electrical installation.
- Able to work independently, possess integrity and a right sense of urgency to meet deadlines.
- Experience in the maintenance of preventive and calibration of all M&E equipment and maintenance of the building structure.
- Proficient in English and Bahasa Malaysia, both verbal and written.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and able to communicate with all levels of people
- Willing to work irregular hours, call back on normal, public holidays and on weekends.
- Must be physically fit and with good work attitude.
It is your chance to play a key role in the continued success of our company. We offer a great working environment in a professional office location. To apply for vacancies, please send a cover letter, CV and the contact details of two referees to the Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.